THE PAGE OF ALEXANDER RAHR
Understanding differences, overcoming contradictions
In 1947 prominent soviet scientists, servicemen and politics initiated the creation of the All-Union Society for dissemination of political and scientific knowledge. Subsequently, the Society obtained short title “Znanie”, however during its whole history it dealt with both scientific and political education. This tradition is continued by International Association “Znanie”, which became legal successor of the All-Union Society in 1991.
The heading “Political Knowledge” on our site will be hosted by well-known German political scientist Alexander Rahr
Below there are references to his articles, interviews, commentaries and books.
- BLOG OF ALEXANDER RAHR AT INOSMI.RU
- Russia Acts With a Great Maturity When Opposes to Construction of Nabucco Pipeline
Site Day.Az, July 17, 2009
- G8 Have Turned Into a World Government
Newspaper “Rossiyskaya Gazeta”, July 13, 2009
- USA will Correct Their Strategical Mistake
Newspaper “Rossiyskaya Gazeta”, July 7, 2009
- If Ukraine, Georgia or Belorussia will be Accepted for NATO, West Countries will Lose Russia for 20–30 Years
Site of non-government organization “Indivisible Fatherland” (Odessa), June 15, 2009
- When will Relations Between Russia and USA Become More Better?
News agency REGNUM, May 29, 2009
- The First May’s Carnage in Berlin
Portal “Svobodnaya Pressa”, May 2, 2009
- Will the First-rate Power Suppliers of Germany and Russia Build a Nuclear Power-station?
News agency REGNUM, April 21, 2009
- NATO’s Failure in Afghanistan May Weaken Military Cooperation Between EU and USA
Portal “Svobodnaya Pressa”, April 16, 2009
- Do They Like Russians?
“Vlast” Magazine, Issue 11 (816), April 06, 2009
- What Conclusions Have Presidents Obama and Medvedev Reached?
Newspaper “Rossiyskaya Gazeta”, April 2, 2009
- Former Soviet Republics May Unite into the Russian Union Due to Crisis
“Vlast” Magazine, Issue 11 (814), March 23, 2009
- Experts on Anti-crisis Program of the Government of Russia
Portal “Svobodnaya Pressa”, March 19, 2009
- Mr.A.Rahr about Unwillingness of Czech Republic to Deploy American Radar on its Territory
TV-Channel “Vesti”, March 18, 2009
- What will be Discussed by Dmitry Medvedev and Barak Obama at Their First Meeting?
Newspaper “Rossiyskaya Gazeta”, March 3, 2009
- Mr.A.Rahr about Positive Aspect of the Global Crisis
Newspaper “Rossiyskaya Gazeta”, March 2, 2009
- The Program of Eastern Partnership can do without Anti-Russian Sentiments
Portal “Zharter’97’, February 20, 2009
- Interactive Conference of Mr. A. Rahr in “Rosbalt”
Perspectives of CIS Countries under Conditions of Crisis. February 16, 2009
- The EU-Russia Relationship at a Turning Point
DGAP aktuell, February 2009 N°1
- Interview of A. Rahr to “Deutsche Welle”
German expert: Kirill has always turned his eyes on Germany
- Crisis as a Chance to Reintegrate the Post-Soviet Space
“Vlast” magazine, Issue 3 (806), January 26, 2009
- The Factor Defining International Position of Byelorussiya is Financial Crisis
Narodnaya Gazeta, January 23, 2009
- Re-election of all Russian Government Bodies Could be Scheduled for June of 2009
Weekly Newspaper “Argumenty i Facty. Europe”, December, 2008
Alexander Rahr, graduate of Munich University, international political scientist from Germany, was born on March 2, 1959 in Taipei (Taiwan). His father Gleb Alexandrovich Rahr was prominent figure of white emigration, his mother – Sofia Vasilievna Rahr (nee Orekhova).
A.Rahr is director of Russian/Eurasian programs of the German Council for Foreign Relations. He is a member of committee of Forum “St.-Petersburg Dialogue”. He is professor emeritus of MGIMO (Moscow State Institute for International Relations). He is member of the Board of “YES” (Yalta European Strategy) international network. Member of the Valday Club. Holder of the highest award of Federal Republic of Germany (Bundesverdienstkreuz) for his contribution to the development of relations between Germany and Russia.
A.Rahr is the author of some political bestsellers: biography of M.S.Gorbachev (1986), book “A German in Kremlin” (2000), “Russia is dropping the hammer”, “Putin after Putin. The capitalistic Russia on the threshold of new world order” (2008).